As I have been integrating into the world of education, I have been noticing a lot of common things that teachers do. Here is the list that I have come up with so far:
1. You think that when you wake up at 7am on Saturday that you are sleeping in.
2. You ask your friends if they have any questions when you finish telling them a story.
3. You are suddenly self-conscious about your appearance for work.
4. You laugh about jokes related to your content matter and when you tell your students, they think you are crazy. (ex: Why was the obtuse angle upset? Because he could never be right!)
5. Germs are suddenly really scary.
6. You carry around red pens with you all the time.
7. You get worried about seeing your students when you go on errands around town.
8. You make graphic organizers to help you make decisions or to organize your own thoughts.
9. You start using acronyms for phrases other than education terms.
10. You think Kleenex and whiteboard markers are valuable.
Feel free to post more in the comments!