Thursday, February 16, 2012

Japanese 2

When my OSL told me to observe a Japanese 2 class, I thought she was crazy. Oddly enough, she had a good point. Even though the extent of hearing Japanese was while tourists were speaking it over my Coast Cruise spiel at Legoland (That's another story), I learned a lot from the class. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I could understand the structure of the class. These were mostly 9th and 10th graders and it seemed to be a very squirreley class, but I learned if you keep them moving and keep the class going at a fast pace, then there is no time for bad behavior. I saw them playing games to remember the kanji, using hand movements and motions to remember the vocab, and were rewarded with a Japanese movie at the end of the period for being good. Since I had no clue as to what was said, I was able to focus on the pacing of the class as well as the way that the students react and are behaved. Overall it was a very fun and interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment