Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Teaching Jobs, Where are You?

My next step in this quest to become a math teacher is to find a job. However, this piece is stressing me out. It doesn't help to go on the news and hear that teachers are getting laid off and jobs are being cut everywhere around the state, like in this article from NBC: SDUSD Teachers Brace for Possible Layoffs. The only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that I am constantly told that "We need good math teachers." I don't know where this will happen, I guess I just have to hope for pregnancies and retirements from math teachers so I can snatch up their jobs. I just have to be persistent and constantly be looking for opportunities to network and make myself look marketable which is far outside of my comfort zone. But at this point, I want to work so bad, Teaching is what I want to be doing, and I can't imagine doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment